What is Musculoskeletal Therapy?
A therapy designed to treat the muscles and skeletal system, using various soft tissue and mobilization (not manipulation) techniques. Used in the treatment and the rehabilitation of back pain, neck pain, joint pain, and muscular dysfunction and/or injuries. Musculoskeletal techniques incorporate a varied amount of ‘hands on’ remedial and mobilization techniques, as well as take-home stretching and strengthening exercises. This assists in maintaining functional alignment of the skeletal system.
What can you expect?
- 1. A detailed history of your complaint
- 2. A structured assessment of how your body moves; standing, seated and laying
- 3. Special orthopaedic tests
- 4. Nerve conduction assessments valuable to understanding your weakness
- 5. Muscle firing sequencing so we can return them to normal function
- 6. Fully clothed treatment (make sure you wear something appropriate)
- 7. Strength testing, joint mobilising, muscle energy techniques, myofascial techniques, some massage manoeuvres, stretches, and some deep muscle trigger point work
To reduce pain, improve function and start feeling normal again.